Wednesday, April 6, 2016

My Exit Strategy



1) Identify the exit strategy you plan to make. Do you intend to sell your business in the next 5 years for a large return? Do you intend to stay with the business for several decades and retire? Do you intend to protect the venture as a family business, and pass it down to your children?

I intend on selling the business in the next 5 years for a large return. 

2) Why have you selected this particular exit strategy?

This business is the baby of my partner. He was seeking someone with business experience to handle that end of things and help get the business off the ground. Helping get the business off the ground is the fun part for me, I have other ideas I want to pursue.

3) How do you think your exit strategy has influenced the other decisions you've made in your concept? For instance, has it influenced how you have identified an opportunity? Has it influenced your growth intentions or how you plan to acquire and use resources?

I want to do a good job, since I want it to be well set up for my partner in the future. Therefore I still looking at the long run even though I only intend to be around for the short-run.


3 comments:

  1. Hey Zoe, my exit strategy is fairly similar to yours. I might sell a little bit further down the road, but my overall goal is essentially the same. I want to make a lot of money pretty quickly and then be able to live comfortably and pursue other ideas of mine. My business is not my ultimate end game. If you want to check out my post, you can find it at http://alexbeyrent.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zoe, you had a pretty interesting exit strategy. I would assume most people are not working on a business that is primarily for someone else. I like the fact that you would use this situation to gain experience and help your partner. I on the other hand, am very passionate about my business and selling it would be the last thing I would do with the business if it was successful. If you want to read more about visit http://dbaltar.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Zoe! I liked reading your post about your exit strategy. I thought it was really interesting! I didn't expect for anyone to be making a business for someone else, but that's a really cool and generous idea.

    http://laurasici.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html

    ReplyDelete