Thursday, January 21, 2016

Very Short Interview No. 1



I had the opportunity to interview one of the people who I admire most in this world, Mathieu Louis. Mr. Louis is originally from Haiti. He came to Florida and began by picking oranges for a living. He then attended FSU and obtained his Master’s Degree. Mr. Louis is President and owner of Global Reach, LLC. He creates websites of various types, from dating to selling high end weave, makes them profitable then sells them. He also has created some phone apps. His wife is also an entrepreneur and he is instrumental in her business. I asked more than three questions, and his answers are all motivating and insightful. It is a shame I have to whittle what I share down to three questions. 

Here is our question and answer session:

1. What do you think I should learn in an entrepreneurship course?
Study what the market wants as opposed to what you want as an entrepreneur. Keep abreast of changes....what works yesterday may not work today in this ever-changing marketplace. Social media should be your best friend...traditional marketing is a thing of the past. Quickly adapt to new changes or die. 

2. What do you wish you had been taught in school before setting out on your own path as an entrepreneur? 
That early success is not a predictor of how of future endeavors. Because I experienced what most would called 'winning the jackpot' early on my entrepreneurial journey...I expected or thought the trend would continue un-interrupted. 

3a. What has been your biggest failure as an entrepreneur?
There are no such thing as failure in my book. Every so-called failure is education. You learn what to not do...same as paying $100k to attend FSU. But I have to admit, I should have learned to concentrate on a single project at a time. 

3b. Biggest success?
I got to travel the world...

I was surprised to hear that Mr. Louis did not consider one of his various prosperous websites as his greatest success, but instead saw traveling the world as his greatest success. This is a reflection as the different reasons which people choose to be an entrepreneur. Mr. Louis enjoys the freedoms associated with entrepreneurship, as well as the business successes.


No comments:

Post a Comment