Sunday, January 17, 2016

Week Two Reading Reflection



I really enjoyed reading the first chapter in this book. One of the ways the chapter surprised me was in defining entrepreneurship. I had always lumped franchise owners, who are actually small business owners, in with entrepreneurs. I never thought of the reality there is a difference.
When speaking about the macro view of entrepreneurship, I had to look up what an external locus point of view was because I did not know and it created confusion. 

If I were to have the opportunity to speak to author and ask them two questions they would be:
1) Other than creating this text book, which is probably a lucrative endeavor, what have you done as an entrepreneur?
2) What is the biggest setback you personally have has as an entrepreneur?

            The only portion I have some disagreement with is Myth number 5, entrepreneurs must fit the profile. While I agree there is no definitive list every entrepreneur must fit in order to be successful, my experiences with successful entrepreneurs have shown that they all do have some consistent traits, such as a persevering attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment