Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 4 Reading Reflection



1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 

In my mind I always attached the idea of creativity to the ability to create art or music. I had not thought of it as improving the systems around us (like creating the electric car in lieu of the traditional gas driven).

2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
I did not find anything that really confused me in this chapter- it was pretty cut and dry.

3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?

Is it necessary to have creativity in order to be innovative, or can innovation happen without the creative process?
Where did the author come up with their definition of creativity?


4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?

While I understand the author’s intent behind encouraging us to celebrate our failures, I cannot help but disagree. Some failures simply need to be learned from and moved on from.

No comments:

Post a Comment