Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Half-way Reflection



1) Tenaciousness is a skill. During this course I have really had to learn to get over myself. What I mean by this is that I cannot allow my own negative ideas of myself to hold me back from achieving what I put my mind to. I actually skipped doing the second week of interviews because I was too nervous to talk to anyone (the week before I was at Mardi Gras where everyone talk to strangers). I have regretted not doing the assignment ever since, not for the points I missed, but because of the experience I missed out on.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. After skipping the second week of interviews, I wondered how I would continue in this class if I could not get the guts to go and talk to strangers. After all, I could only skip so many assignments and still get a decent grade. Talking to my biggest supporter, my fiancé, about my issues helped. He helped to refocus me and remind me about seeking to reach my goals. When I did the third interviews we stood nearby (inconspicuously) for support, and that helped. Then when free money came along I did it on my own without too much anxiety. I have always been tenacious, or I would not be pursuing a degree now, but this has forced me further out of my comfort zone and increased my tenacious attitude.
3) Three tips. 1) Get a support system that will hold you accountable. Make sure they know what assignments you have, and they hold you accountable to complete them. 2) Follow Pro. Pryor’s established plan; it works if you work it. 3) Forget what others are thinking of you and keep your goal in site.             

                     

2 comments:

  1. Hey Zoe,

    I also at first did not want to do any of the interviews because I am so shy and I did not like the idea of approaching strangers. But then I though what is the worst that could happen? All he/she could say is “no” and then I can just move on and find someone else. I also agree that having someone there for support really helped. My roommate would come with me help me record people while I asked questions. I think that your tips are great! If you want to see my reflection, here is the link:

    http://andreacdona.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is good advice. I learned alot from these assignments as well, most of them were pretty easy but i agree, the interviews made me anxious and a support system is a good idea. Here is my assignment: http://entreprenuershipisamindset.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete