Thursday, February 11, 2016

Idea Napkin No. 1



1) You. For my business, there are two of us bringing different talents to the table. My partner is the artistic talent, while I am handling the business side of things. I have a lot of management experience which will work for us as we grow and add employees. I also have the knowledge of where and how to seek funding for the business. I am excellent at spotting people who would be beneficial to each other, and to the business. I see this business as an opportunity to fulfill both my philanthropic ideals as well as being a full-time income.
2) What are you offering to customers? I am offering customers unique, high quality clothing that is made in the U.S. Not only will only short runs of the clothes be offered, customized clothing will be offered that will also be custom fit. This will be highly beneficial for those who need that extra tailored look in business, or are like me and have an odd body shape and can never find anything that fits right.
3) Who are you offering it to? From my current research, I suspect most of our customers are going to be between 20-45 and professionals. There will be the initial niche of those looking for one of a kind, perfect fit clothing. All of our customers are going to be seeking a unique look, while still maintaining their professional look.
4) Why do they care? Many people are willing to pay more for a higher quality piece of clothing because they know it will last a long time. Also, getting customization options for a small fee is a benefit.
5) What are your core competencies? My background in managing manufacturing will set me apart in this arena. With my experiences and business background, and my partners’ incredible artistic talent and eye for clothing, we have a unique combination that could truly break into the fashion world.

Additional Paragraph:
I believe that the elements mentioned all work together to create an incredible team that will work well with my business concept. The weakest point of the business concept is that so many try to break into the fashion world and fail.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Zoe,
    So it sounds like you are thinking about a clothing line start-up. There is definitely always room for new styles. Unfortunately, it is hard to evaluate the potential of this venture from a strictly business perspective. The key factors here are going to be the acquisition of recognition for your friends artistic abilities, followed by successful marketing after the development of the line.
    Here is a link to my own "napkin": http://ablog4c.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no1.html
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a cool idea. I personally don't know much about fashion, but having someone match me with something that suits my body type well could be appealing. My idea deals with improving the WiFi network on campus. If you want to check it out, I have the blog post linked below.

    http://ent3003entreprenerdship.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprisingly, our entrepreneurial ideas share a lot of things in common. We both are working with fashion and even have a customization feature. However, your business seems to be focused on the fit of the clothing while mine focuses more on the designs. Specifically, my brand involves a shoppers being able to go inside my store and design shirts from top to bottom. Similar to your brand, I would also like to have my own line that I put out but I am not sure if it would be better to just focus on the customization aspect of it. As you could already guess, I am a fan of your idea and I am curious to hear more about it. Check out my idea here http://dbaltar.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete